In the centre of innovation
Located in Medicon Village, a life science cluster in Lund, Sweden, SmiLe facilitates startups looking to develop next-generation healthcare and life science technologies.
By bringing together life-science entrepreneurs, investors, scientists, the university and the municipality, we create an attractive, forward-thinking atmosphere that enables creativity and smart science to thrive.
Being a not-for-profit organization gives companies the security of knowing that we work only in the interests of the entrepreneurs we sponsor.
Innovations from Lund
Many of the things you use or treatments you may need were invented here in Lund. They include:
- Hemodialysis for patients with kidney failure
- Steroids used as asthma medicine
- Dry powder inhalators for asthma medicine
- Medical ultrasound
- Laser cancer treatment
- Dopamine as a neurotransmitter
- The Tetrahedron milk package made famous by Tetra Pak
- Inkjet printers
- And much more