Medical Laboratory Scientist I/II
SAGA Diagnostics AB is seeking a team-oriented Medical Laboratory Scientist (laboratory technician) to join us in our mission to revolutionize cancer diagnostics through proprietary ultrasensitive technologies to measure circulating tumor DNA in minimally-invasive “liquid biopsies” such as a simple blood sample.
Make a difference. You will join SAGA – an exciting and rapidly scaling revenue-generating cancer genomics startup with excellent momentum, international attention, and strong customer traction – where every role is critical, cooperation is tight, and you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the company and for persons with cancer.
We are dedicated to bring our ultrasensitive technologies to the benefit of cancer patients worldwide.
- In this laboratory-based position, you will join the Ultrasensitive Platforms and Technologies group and perform hands-on analytical and developmental activities for new and existing products and customer projects.
- You will be an integral part of the group and work closely and collaboratively in a team environment.
- You will assist and coordinate with Management, Product, R&D, and Service teams to develop deliverables and specifications, and keeping the laboratory in regulatory compliance.
- Regular functions will include sample accession and management, nucleic acid extractions, QC, reporting, writing SOPs, writing validation reports, and performing PCR-based analyses and next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- A successful candidate will have a MSc or BMA or higher degree from a suitable educational background such as biomedicine, molecular biology, biological engineering, biological sciences, or similar, and at least 2 years experience within clinical or biomedical laboratory analyses or molecular cancer research.
- Significant molecular biology skills are required, such as PCR, dPCR, NGS library construction, or in silico assay design.
- Experience maintaining accurate, detailed, and timely lab records is required.
- Adherence to all safety procedures is required.
- Experience with ISO 13495/15189/17025 or CLIA/CAP is desirable.
- Experience with automation and running high-throughput instrumentation is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal, in English required, and in Swedish desirable) and be able to work with a wide variety of staff.
- Must be motivated, independent, and enthusiastic.
Primary location: Lund, Sweden
Hours: This is a full-time position. Limited travel is expected for this position.
SAGA Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or national origin.
Please send you resume and cover letter to our CEO Dr. Lao Saal at firstname.lastname@example.org.