Get a full SDG impact assessment in two hours!
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), adopted by all United Nations Member States, are a blueprint for achieving an equal, healthy and sustainable future for the world.
For companies in the life science sector, the ability to understand, measure and achieve progress against the SDGs is critical for success. But many businesses, especially those just starting out, do not have the time, knowledge or resources to analyze all 17 SDGs and 169 targets.
That’s why we have developed SDG Scan.
A rapid assessment tool for early-stage life science companies, SDG Scan provides a full business impact assessment in little more than two hours. Use SDG Scan to:
- Learn how the SDGs can drive your company’s success
- Identify the goals and targets most relevant to your business
- Create a plan to measure progress in achieving SDGs
- Download formal assessment results to use in proposals and bids
Why measure your business’s impact on SDGs?
Incorporating the SDGs into your company strategy does not just help you create a more sustainable business. It also makes it easier for you to attract team members, build stakeholder engagement and secure financial backing. You can use the results of your SDG Scan whenever you are questioned about your business’s impact on the SDGs. This is critical when applying for:
- Government funding
- Public procurement contracts
- Investment from Impact investors and public Venture Capital investors
An SDG assessment tool designed for Life Science companies
We developed this SDG assessment using our life science sector expertise and experience of incorporating the SDGs into SmiLe. The aim is to help companies with limited time and resources measure their impact on the SDGs. If your business meets the following criteria, it’s an ideal tool for you:
- Early-stage business in biotech, medtech, healthtech, e-health or diagnostics
- 2+ committed team members with ambitions to grow
- Operations in Sweden (some examples are based on Swedish law)
Choose the package that suits you best
For 5 companies
12 000 sek + VAT
LIFE SCIENCE COMPANY
3 000 sek + VAT
SMILE MEMBER COMPANY
Interested in our SDG Scan? Make an enquiry!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can have access to this tool?
Companies, entrepreneurs and incubators operating in the field of life science are the most suitable users.
SmiLe member companies have free access. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your access.
What is unique about this assessment?
The SDG scan was created by a life science incubator to help life science companies. It incorporates the vast experience of SmiLe in supporting its members throughout the years.
The assessment took into consideration the lack of time, resources and knowledge that is common in young companies, and was developed to be a practical and efficient tool. By the end, the company will have understood the SDGs and have defined actions that reflected their contribution to the SDGs. This will be helpful to attract team members, build stakeholder engagement and secure financial backing, especially from governmental or public funds.
The SmiLe SDG Scan is based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and on the UN Global Compact. It is an independently developed resource fully owned by SmiLe Incubator.
Can I have a preview of the SDG Scan? How does it work?
Please see the Introduction video here
Besides an initial explanation about the SDGs, their origin and importance, the assessment is divided in 4 steps:
- In Step 1 you will answer questions related to your company. These are mostly a reflection of the SDG targets identified by SmiLe as the most relevant for early-stage life science startups. It will help you identify which SDGs your company has the most impact on. Throughout, an “action form” will help you establish a plan, by identifying challenges and focusing on defining improvements.
- Step 2 helps you prioritise. As a young company with limited resources, time or knowledge you need to understand which actions are most important to take first. For example, if your company is hindering the achievement of certain SDG targets, it is important to prioritise those activities.
- In Step 3, you´ll set a new date to re-evaluate your SDG strategy. After all, your company is changing and so is your impact on the SDGs.
- The last step allows you to download a report of your SDGs assessment in both excel and pdf formats.
There is no need to create an account or provide company details.
How do I purchase?
Please contact email@example.com
How do I gain access the SDG Scan?
Upon purchase, instructions (and the complementary products) will be provided. You will receive an email confirming your purchase, as well as the access code to the website www.smilesdgs.life, the pdf file of the SDGs Handbook and access to the video tutorial playlist.
How long will I have access to the SDG Scan?
There isn’t a time limit. Once you purchase the SDG assessment you´ll be able to access it and re-use it as many times as you would like.