Here’s how the SmiLe Incubator program works in 4 simple phases. Evaluate, Verify, Develop, Grow. Join us now and get the process started.
Get individual support and guidance
Life science startups face unique business challenges and solutions, which is why we offer support and guidance based on your specific needs.
Benefit from bi-weekly meetings with a dedicated coach who follows your journey. Together we tailor solutions to your challenges to guide your business forward.
Expert resources to help you resolve key startup issues
Business Forum gathers all the expertise you need in one place to focus on your company’s specific challenges.
Business Forum is:
- A condensed business coaching forum where expert coaches meet to assess the problems of a specific company. The company presents its challenges/current situation at that forum.
- All experts have deep knowledge and experience from different aspects of life science and give valuable feedback by assessing the situation and suggesting solutions/action points.
- Regular Business Forum meetings have several outcomes including helping companies facing a particular challenge, checking on how things are going for each startup, and attempting to foresee and prevent any future problems.
- Our experts share their network as well as their expertise.
A complete program to help you prepare your strategies
Our Business Strategy Program teaches you how to think strategically and prepare to become the expert you need to be in your market to build a successful business.
We use traditional models like NABC /https://c84.io/nabc/ and real-world industry requirements. Most investors looking at life science companies will have due diligence criteria similar to NABC.
Connect with our wide market network of investors, international partnerships and market leaders.
We facilitate access and exposure to key local and international market players. We help you validate your business model, scale your operations and build the right partnerships. All to help sell your innovation/solution.
Make use of 300 m² core facility of 12 specialized laboratories and 1,700 m² of private laboratories so you can start working on your idea from day one – without having to invest in advanced instrumentation. It’s all there for you.
Work in the best facilities
Core facility and your own lab
Private laboratories with office and a Core facility with 12 shared labs
Core facility (shared)
You can access 12 specialized, well-equipped labs in our core facility.
Private laboratories with office space – office space “attached” to the laboratory.
- 8 sqm office – from 3,500 SEK per month
- 17 sqm laboratory with 6 sqm office – from 8,300 SEK per month
- Access to core facility and lab services from 2,000 SEK per month
- Per-use fee for advanced instruments
Included in the monthly fee:
- Lab coat laundry, low temperature storage (one rack per company), ice and ultra-pure water.
- Access to (pay-per-use): autoclaving service, dish washing service, dry ice, hazardous waste disposal.
- Access to our Lab Knowledge Base
List of labs & equipment
Our 12 specialized laboratories
- Cell lab for cell lines
- Cell lab for primary cells
- Cell lab for virus
- Noise lab
- Balances lab
- Histology lab
- Protein lab
- Mass spectrometry & Biological analysis lab
- Molecular biology lab
- Imaging lab
- Wet lab
Plus a Lab data work station
Advanced Instrumentation including
- Bioreactor – myControl & AppliFlexST
- High content imaging – ImageXpress Pico
- Live cell imaging – HoloMonitor M4
- Imager – iBright
- Mass Spectrometry – Agilent 6546 LC/Q-TOF, UPLC-PDA-Ion trap MS/MS and GC-MS
- Spectroscopy – FT-IR and Nanophotometer UV
- Microplate reader Spectramax i3- absorption, fluorescence and luminescence
- Flow Cytometry – CytoFLEX, B-R-V with 13 fluorescence channels
- Liquid chromatography – UPLC-PDA
- Automated tissue dehydration and embedding station
- Tissue sectioning – Microtome and Cryostat
- Fluorescent Microscopy- upright + inverted
- Automated cell counter-Nucleocounter
- Ultracentrifuge – Optima XPN 80,
- Precision balances including Microbalance
- RT-PCR and PCR
- Texture analyser – TA.XTPlusC 650H, Stable Micro Systems
- Rotational viscometer – ViscoQC300R, Anton Paar
- Freeze dryer- CoollSafe Touch100-9, Labogene
SmiLe Lab Knowledge Base
Once you have settled in your new office and ready to start using the labs, you’ll need more information and guidance on how to:
- Find your way around the labs and equipment
- Learn the rules of the labs
- Get to know the instruments and how to use them
- Book an instrument
- Stay updated on the special offer form our suppliers
To facilitate your introduction to your new environment, and ensure continuous easy access to information, we created an online knowledge base tool that covers all your needs.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Senior Application Scientist
Director Core Facilities
SmiLe is located at Medicon Village – a vibrant life science cluster where the university, public sector and industry gather under one roof.
The village is a factory for the future, housing the complete chain from research through innovation to commercialisation.
At SmiLe, entrepreneurs build their ideas into companies and bring solutions for better health to the market.
At SmiLe you can choose between shared and private office space with all services included.
There are shared conference and meeting rooms that you can book, and you can eat lunch and share experiences with other entrepreneurs in the common dining area & kitchen.
As a member of SmiLe Incubator you get access to all services & amenities at Medicon Village. These include:
- Labs & office spaces for scale-ups
- Meeting service
- Postal service
- Phone & IT service & support
- Car rental service
- Meeting rooms
- Restaurant & Bistro
- Gym & sports hall
- Access to our quarterly CEO lunches where you meet with other startup CEOs facing similar challenges, share news and discuss opportunities
- Access to an exclusive coaching group in collaboration with ALMI
- Receive regular business updates by our coaches to stay ahead of the game